Friday, August 10, 2007

Monday's the day!

Well here's the rundown on how our day went with the amnio. It gave us a few surprises. Dr. Campbell did the amnio but was not able to get a good sample of fluid to measure the development of the lungs. He said she was positioned too "lateral" and she started to move toward the needle when it was in. So... he had to stop. He said that the reasons TO go ahead and deliver on Monday outweigh the risk that the lungs may not be fully mature.
Then they wanted to monitor me after the amnio because that can apparently trigger labor. So they put me on a monitor for an hour and found that I was having contractions every five minutes. I wasn't feeling this at all so this was a huge surprise to me. The nurse thought Dr. Campbell may put me in the hospital over the weekend by he said as long as they weren't painful to me, I was fine to go on home. I am supposed to "take it easy" and go to the hospital if they get painful or if I start to lose fluid. Oh, and she weighed in today at 4 lbs, 14 oz, so she may get to 5 lbs by Monday.... maybe not. :-)
So... after an eventful morning, we are scheduled for a c-section at 7:30 Monday morning at St. Joe East, where Elysia will make her arrival! This will be a day full of uncertainties, so please pray for us. We want to pray that Elysia will have a smooth delivery so she won't be in distress and that her little heart and body will be ready to function well on its own when she comes out.
Thank you in advance for your prayer for all of us on this big day. It's been a long time coming. Psalm 139:13-14 has been a verse that I've thought a lot about throughout this pregnancy. It says "You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
We know this has been and continues to all be part of the Lord's plan for Elysia Hope. :-)
Ryan or I will update the blog just as soon as we can after the weekend!!

3 comments:

Andrea :) said...

My thoughts and prayers are with the 3 of you daily. Best wishes & lots of love~
Andrea A :)

All 4 My Gals said...

Oh I can not wait to hold her! YYYYEEEAAAA!

Anonymous said...

You Adams' are troopers-- just look how you have already become the caretaker you are. I'm so proud of you guys as parents, and making the decisions you've had to, in order to take the best care possible of your little girl before she even gets here!!! :) good luck, katiebugg! we love ya!
luv, julie
aka shamrock :)