Monday, August 13, 2007

Elysia is here!




Hello everyone! Yes, Elysia Hope has arrived and she is absolutely perfect! She is 5 lbs, 1 oz, 18 in. long and has a head full of dark hair!
The irony of her arrival is crazy though. It was 1:00 in the morning last night and I woke up with contractions. Thinking I only had about 4 more hours of sleep anyway, I tried to go back to sleep when... my water broke! How ironic is that?! I guess Elysia had her mind made up that either way, she was coming this morning, and wanted to throw us for a loop.So we headed to the hospital at 2 in the morning, where I was given medicine to stop my contractions. Dr. Campbell was to be there by six to "start" getting me ready so to make a long story short, we had to wait until our scheduled c-section time. Everything went great and Elysia is doing very well, praise God!!
She is in the NICU so they can monitor her heart rate, her blood pressure, and how much uring she produces. Her heart rate is staying in the 60's, which Dr. Cottrill is very pleased about. Her blood pressure is good and they put a catheter (sp?) in to keep track of her urine output, because this is connected to the heart somehow. Her lungs are great! But she really isn't crying that much. (Knock on wood), All the nurses say she seems to be a very content baby. I haven't gotten to "hold" her yet other than really quick when she first came out. But I get to touch her and feel her soft skin, which I love! She is eating VERY well, although I am not able to breastfeed right now because of all her cords and monitors. So I am pumping and they are giving her that and supplementing with a bit of formula. They are hoping I can breastfeed tomorrow.
So praise the Lord for all this wonderful news! I appreciate so much all the phone calls, emails, thoughts, and most of all, all of the prayer. It continues to be so amazing to watch the Lord answer prayers. We feel so blessed by this day and I thank each of you for your prayers. As I always say, PLEASE keep praying for her.

10 comments:

jwells said...

Hey Katie & Ryan!

Congratulations!!! Elysia is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her in person. I am so happy that all has gone so well. Talk to you soon. Julie

Tishy said...

Oh guys! She is beautiful!!!!!! I know you are worn out but the adrenilin (spelling?) keeps you going doesn't it? Keep us informed and take lots of pictures. Love to you all

All 4 My Gals said...

She is such an angel, just like her Momma! :) I can't wait to see her again, and especially cuddle her. We love you all! Nicole, Joe and the girls (they've named themselves her sisters, ha ha)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
We saw her picture yesterday in your classroom. What a miracle! Congratulations and we can't wait to see her.
Kristina, Jason, Keagan and Gabe

Anonymous said...

Katie & Ryan, I am so glad that everything went well and she is here to snuggle and love. She is absolutely beautiful and PERFECT! Hayden and I are both so proud of her and the 2 of you for being so strong. Of course we will continue to PRAY and please call if you need anything. Lots of love always, Aunt Heather and Cousin Haydie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I love your birth story and the fact that little Elysia had made up her mind that Monday was to be her day to arrive!

I'm so glad to read of her safe arrival and will pray that you can cuddle her soon.
Bethany Barker

Anonymous said...

Katie and Ryan,
I can't tell you how excited Shane and I are for you both! Elysia is such a blessing for all of us.
Love, Emily B.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Ryan on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

I will continue to pray for you to be able to cuddle and hold Elysia and that she will continue to do well with her heart. Babies are a true miracle from our Lord.

Blessings to you both(=

Dorothy Staley

Twila and Scott said...

I am so glad to see Elysia is here! It sounds like she is doing great. You and Ryan will make great parents. : )
Twila

Unknown said...

Katie & Ryan - congratulations, she is adorable and we're glad to hear all is going well. Madlynn screamed when she realized it was your baby! She's excited to see her too. Take care!

The McDonald Family