Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Getting closer...

Hello everyone! I know some of you were expecting an update yesterday after our doctor appt. but I wanted to wait until today because we met with the neonatologist today. First, the appt. yesterday with Dr. Campbell went very well. Elysia's heart rate was the highest I think it's been. It measured at 73 and then at 70, so we were very pleased with that! I told them I think it's because she's saying she's ready to come out! While we were there, Dr. Campbell set us up a time to meet with a neonatologist today. So Ryan and I went and did that this morning. He was very intelligent and very informative. It was almost too much to "take in" and I ended up just feeling a little overwhelmed. BUT, he was very nice and helpful. He said that Elyse would definitely be in the NICU at St. Joe when she is born so they can more closely monitor her heart. It sounds like there's just going to be a lot of monitoring going on for the time she's there. They not only have to monitor her heart rate to see what it's going to do once she's born but they have to monitor her urine output to make sure she's getting enough fluids. This is somehow related to the heart. He mentioned other things to be monitored but I sure can't remember them. :-/ He didn't say if she would come home with me on Thursday or if she would need to stay longer. As much as I know I will want to take her home, I'll definitely be ok if they want to keep her longer to be on the safe side. He also talked to us about the fact that she would probably need a pacemaker down the road, which is one of those things we're very thankful they can do.

As our pregnancy journey comes to an end, I realize it has been a long one, full of uncertainties! Yet, it's been wonderful in so, so, many ways. Ryan said it perfect several weeks ago, that he felt blessed that God chose us to go through all of this with our baby. Isn't it amazing that God can give you this feeling of peace and joy in such a time of uncertainty??!! We have gotten through all the uncertainties, not because we are strong people, but for the simple reason that the Lord is SO good and because so many people have prayed for us and for Elyse's heart. Now that we end the pregnancy journey, we will get ready to start a whole new journey , also full of uncertanties. I ask again for your continued prayer for the upcoming week and even long after that. If you have other people you know praying for us, please have them keep praying! We can never thank you enough for this.

I will definitely post a message Friday after I have the amnio. We will know for sure then if she will be delivered on Monday or on a different day. Either way,... it's getting close! :-)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad to hear she is doing well. I was going to call you to see how the appt. went if you didn't post soon!! Be sure to let us know how Friday goes. We are so excited for you and are keeping you in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for all three of you during this time and will be anxious to hear how the amnio goes tomorrow. So thankful to hear about her good heartrate!
Praise God!!!
I love you,
Aunt Cynde