Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Elysia's first trips to the doctor



Well Elysia had her first doctor appointments this week and she did so well! First we went to see Dr. Cottrill on Monday. She had an EKG and echocardiogram done of her heart. Everything looked great, huge blessing! She did not like the EKG at all but was such a big girl when she had her echocardiogram done. It was so neat because they had her lay down on the same big bed where I used to lay to have her echo done. They had me lay next to her to soothe her and she just did beautifully! Dr. Cottrill was very pleased with how everything looked and Elyse's heart rate was 62 while we were there.
Next, we went to see Dr. Lear, our pediatrician on Tuesday. We loved her and everything went great. Again, Elyse did so well. Her umbilical cord even fell off while we were there so we get to have a real bath now!
We are so blessed with how well Elyse is doing. She is eating so good and is already over her birth weight, weighing 5 lbs, 3 oz. Now if only we could get the sleep schedule down. :-)
We continue to thank you for your prayers. We know how well she is doing is all a blessing from God and we're overcome with joy and thankfulness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie....she is so beautiful! I want to get over there so I can cootchy coo her. I promise after things come together here at work, Hayden and I will be over to visit. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you all 3. Give my little brother and Elysia kisses for me and have Ryan and Elysia give YOU kisses from me! :) Lots of love, Aunt Heather

Anonymous said...

Katie,
You look great! I am so glad we got to talk last night. Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. She WILL sleep through the night eventually.:) I am thinking of you and Ryan.
Love, Emily B.

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I am so glad things are well for Elysia. I want to bring a meal over. If someone is organizing that, please pass my name along. If not, give me a call so I can do that.
Can't wait to hold her!!!
By the way, Gabe loves school!
Kristina, Jason, Keagan and Gabe

Anonymous said...

Katie & Ryan,
Elyse is so beautiful. The pics are fantastic. I am praising God that everything is going so well, except of course, sleep for the two of you.
We can't wait to see her in Lexington on 9/2. It is so great that she has surpassed her birth
weight already.
I really appreciate you setting up your blog, so we can keep up to date with you all.
Love, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Jerry

All 4 My Gals said...

Oh my goodness she is exquisite! I love her already!!! :)