Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Power of Prayer

Well, we are about 25 days away from welcoming little Elysia into our world. Every day that passes, I realize how good the Lord has been and continues to be. And I realize how lucky Ryan and I are to have such wonderful friends who have prayed for our baby and for us throughout this pregnancy. It's made all the difference in the world.

Today, we went to the doctor and we scheduled the amnio for Friday, August 10. Dr. Campbell was talking about how with heart block, the electrical impulses of the heart beat can't pass through at a normal rate, which makes it slower. He pointed out (and Dr. Cottrill did too on Tuesday) that although most of Elyse's electrical impulses pass through slower due to the block, some are acturally getting through the heart block at a normal rate, which he said was "great." And I'm going to quote what he said next... "your baby's heart block has actually improved more than most babies with heart block." WOW!! You could probably say this is because of the steroids and I'm sure that has helped some... BUT... I contribute it to the Lord and all the prayer that Elyse has gotten. We have had so much prayer support, I can't wait to tell her about all of it when she is older. I left the doctor's office almost in tears, thinking about what Dr. Campbell had said. I was just in awe of the Lord, His power, and the power of prayer that we have seen and we continue to see as we all pray.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Katie,
I am so glad that things are going well for Elysia. I know that you are thrilled to see the power of prayer working in your body. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Much love,
Andrea A :)

Tishy said...

The power that God has is amazing. I am so glad to hear the news and that you are learning more and more each day about what to expect. When we know things that could possibly happen it makes the unexpected that much easier to handle. God is at work helping little Elysia get stronger each day.

Anonymous said...

How thankful we are that Blake is here safely and now we anxiously await Elysia!! I'm going to bring Grandma to see Blake next week if it is okay with Amanda, and I'm hoping that you can be there too! We continue to pray for all of you. Love you much, Aunt Cynde

PS Tell Ryan that I sure wish I could buy his "stang"!

The Jacobson Family said...

Dear Mrs. Adams,
I can't wait until you have your baby! My family prays for her every day. I miss you a lot. Do you think I could come and see her when she is born? Right now I am doing my chores and going to the pool. I hope you are doing good. I love you.
Juliet

All 4 My Gals said...

The Lord is good! We will continue to pray. I can not wait to meet our girl!!! Your girls in our home are anxious too. We love you guys!