Saturday, July 14, 2007

Big news....

I am an aunt! My sister Amanda had their baby boy, Blake Walker yesterday evening. She was in labor for almost 36 hours but he finally arrived and he is absolutely perfect! He was 7 lbs, 2 oz, a great size. After being put on oxygen overnight from swallowing fluid, he is now off and she and Brad are able to hold him, finally! It was such an exciting day. Does this make us ready for Elysia??... more than ever! I know that nobody wants their summer to end but the next few weeks can't go quick enough for me! :-)
Now, I just have to stay worry-free as we approach the delivery in the next few weeks... I got a little worked up yesterday seeing how all the nurses were so involved in the delivery and care of Blake. It got me thinking about how all the nurses will need to know all the specifics about Elysia and her heart block so they can properly care for her when she arrives. Being a baby of 1-2% that is born with heart block, she is a unique case and requires unique care. ;-) I'm sure Dr. Campbell will make sure everyone knows the situation. I know, I am a nervous mom already... goes to show I still need all your prayer too. :-)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting. Glad to hear that they are all doing well. I am so excited for you and Ryan to experience it...there's nothing like it! I can't wait to see all the hair that Elysia has...wonder what color it will be??

Tishy said...

Good idea! I'll check this for new news. Glad to hear you are an aunt and that all is well.

Anonymous said...

I love the name they picked out! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Reese says, "Hurry up Elysia, I can't wait to meet you!"!
Love-Emily B.