Thursday, July 26, 2007

Growing girl!

Elysia continues to be quite the growing girl! She weighed in today at 4 lbs, 2 oz. They are estimating that she will be between 5 and 6 lbs (probably closer to 5) when she is born. Not too small, but definitely a little preemie. Her heart rate was 64 today, again staying steady. It's so easy to take these good appointments for granted because we have had so many. But we praise God for every good thing we hear about our girl and feel so blessed by what He has done and continues to do in her as she grows. We go see Dr. Cottrill next week... I think for the last time before Elysia is born! I can't believe that... time is flying and she will be here before we know it!

After a weekend of car hunting, we have finally bought a "family car." It's a 2006 Saturn Ion and it's a really safe car... which was most important. Poor Ryan, having to give up a Mustang for the "family car"... what a trooper! He said my Celica will keep him young, though. :-) I think with the car purchase, we are officially "ready" to bring Elysia home in a few weeks when she arrives!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited for that little girl to get here!
Much Love-Emily B.

Jessica said...

Katie,

Now, don't you worry about that Ion. It's pretty sporty! I have one myself and I like it just fine!

I am glad everything is going well for you and your family!

~Jessie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well and cannot wait to see pictures of her!

Madlynn's mom