Monday, October 15, 2007

Back to work

They seem like three dreaded words, don't they? I actually never thought I would say it, but I think I am ready to go back to work. I really do miss teaching and am looking forward to starting back next week. Of course I will probably not feel like this next Monday (my first day back) but for right now, I feel ok about it. Of course it helps knowing Elyse will be in great hands! (Thanks Nicole!) The 9 weeks of maternity leave have seemed slow on some days (the colicky days :-)), but fast on other days. Altogether, time has flown by! Elyse has grown so much... She now weights 7 lbs, 11 oz and she goes for her 2 month shots this week!She has the cutest smile and we just can't get enough of it. Now if only the colic would pass... We're really holding out for the three month mark to be the end... cross your fingers!

3 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

Tarenne bought her some gap shoes on the way home from Indy. :)
We can't wait to have her in our lives on a regular basis.

We're leaving to go to TN tomorrow. So no trial run again this week as we had planned. But I promise she will be okay.

I love you honey!

Anonymous said...

Gabe loved your first day! All he did all evening was the tooty ta!!!
Thought you'd like to hear that.
Kristina

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with your first week back. Hayden and I enjoyed our time with her so much. She is truly a blessing! Keep your chin up, I promise things will get better with the sleeping stuff, just hang in there.

Love you all 3, Aunt Heather