Friday, February 22, 2008

Good doctor report!


We saw Dr. Cottrill on Monday. She said everything looked good with Elyse's heart, but that she wanted to see her gain more weight. Right now she is 6 mths old and weighs 12 lbs. So we have started really pushing the baby foods and the cereal and she is doing much better with that. Dr. Cottrill suggested we let her play with a spoon as a toy to help with the eating. When she is not gagging herself, she loves this new "toy." We are enjoying our snow day together today, although I can't stand the thought of going to school until June 5. Oh well... at least I get to spend the day with my Lysee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
It's nice to see an update on here :) Can I suggest using a little powdered formula to mix in with the cereal. It adds more calories but not more volume! Hope that helps!
Are you kidding about June 5th? Yesterday's 1/2 day and Today worked out great for us. Gabe is still sick!
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Kristina
kristina

Andrea Nielsen said...

Yeah Elyse! I can't believe how petite she is, but it would be strange for her to be large considering her mommy and daddy are not that big! She is beautiful and I am so excited that the Dr's are pleased with her heart.
I am with you...snow days yeah...june 5th, ugggh

All 4 My Gals said...

She ate her peas today! :)