Thursday, September 20, 2007

Elyse is a big girl!!

Yes... our little five pounder is gaining great weight! Last week when we were at Dr. Cottrill's, she weighed 6 lbs, 6 oz, up from 5 lb, 1 oz when she was born. Then yesterday we went to the pediatrician and she weighed 7 lbs, 4 oz! Yep, she gained almost a pound in one week!! Dr. Lear assured me that a baby like Elyse couldn't gain "too much weight too quick" and this was great. :-) I think we must have a very good eater!
I took Elyse to the doctor because she was having a lot of nasal congestion. Well, I say "a lot," probaby just "a lot" to a new mommy. :-) Dr. Lear said this was very common around 6 weeks, when they stop sneezing so much. Anyone else find this is true?? She said just to give her saline drops and use the aspirator before meals and bedtime. I make Ryan use the aspirator (Elyse screams!!). ;-/ Any other suggestions for nasal congestion? We tried the vaporizer, not sure if it's working or not.
Today I go back to Dr. Campbell for my six week check-up and for the last time. :-( I never thought I'd be so sad to stop seeing a doctor. He has been SO good to us.. if you ever know anyone who will see him for their pregnancy... pass along how wonderful he his! Anyone would be so lucky to be under his care.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Katie,

I am go glad everything is going well.

You know what I am going to ask for though... Pictures!

I want to see that seven pounder!

haha
~Jessie

All 4 My Gals said...

OH....you are up at 2:43 am. You need sleep! :) Hope you had a great weekend. I need to see my girl!