Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas cookie making!!

First things first, Elyse checked out perfectly at the surgeon on Monday. They did an EKG, x-rays, checked her incision, and all was great! The pacemaker technician came and checked hers and it's working great too. Our surgeon Dr. Kozick (who we think is fabulous) said they won't see her again until it is time for battery replacement surgery. She said, "She'll almost be a teenager by then!" These words brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe this is all over and behind us and that everything went so beautifully. We feel so incredibly blessed and thankful for all of the prayer for Elyse during this time. Elyse is recovering so nicely. She really does seem back to her normal self, besides the occasional "I'm hurting Mommy. I need tylenol." :-) She was telling her cousin Blake about the surgery a few nights ago and said, "They put a pacemaker in my tummy and it makes me feel better and tylenol." :-)
Blake, who cried for Lysee when Amanda told him she had surgery just kept reassuring himself, "Lysee's ok now. Her tummy doesn't hurt anymore." Oh.... the words of two year olds are SO cute!

We did our annual cookie decorating at nana and pops' house on Tuesday. Elyse and Blake were much more into it this year and Alex even got to sit on his bumbo and watch all the action. It was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cookie pictures and happy to see Elyse back to normal. I am feeling better now and can't wait to see you guys. Love to all 3, Aunt Heather