Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back to work...

I guess all good things must come to an end. What a great summer it has been for Ryan and I to be at home with our precious Lysee. Although she is a bit spoiled because of this, her first few days at the new babysitter's house went extremely well. I picked her up the first day and Ms. Sherry said, "Katie, she is such a good and easy baby!" Of course we couldn't agree more but who would've thought our little colicky baby would one day be called a "good and easy baby??" What a difference a year makes.

I worked most of last week getting my classroom ready but had my mind made up to take Friday off and stay with Lysee. We enjoyed our last official day off by spending time with good friends, Emmi, Jenny, and Jenny's daughter Ella. We also got a quick visit in with our beloved babysitter from last year, Nicole, and her girls, who as always, gave Lysee all the love and attention in the world. And to top our day, I actually napped while Lysee took her afternoon nap, which I never do and it was great!

And now I start to focus on next week, which holds BIG plans. Can you believe that in less than a week, our precious Elysia Hope will be 1 year old??!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO.......I can't believe that one whole year has almost passed! I told you time flies! Can't wait to see you guys Wednesday. Hayden is VERY excited and I found out we don't start school till Thursday!

Love to all 3 of you, Aunt Heather